Wednesday, September 1, 2010

SPOILED

When I came downstairs this morning around 8am, I found my kitchen floor covered in water.  We thought it was broken so we called a repair person.  After they left to get tools, I inspected it further; it was "obvious" that someone had messed with the ice maker by pulling it out too far so that the door wouldn't seal....or so I thought.

By readjusting the ice-maker and making sure the door sealed when it was closed, I seemingly "fixed" the problem; it seemingly began working correctly and when the repair people returned, I politely turned them away.

Although most of the food had started to defrost at this point, I was still able to salvage some of it and made a huge breakfast.   

BUT.....

When I went to go make lunch, I found a tepid inner compartment in which my food was on the verge of spoiling in both the refrigerator and the freezer.

Basically, I just threw about $100 out the window.

This whole broken refrigerator sitch poses a pretty serious problem.  The people are coming to fix it tomorrow (which may or may not happen, it is to be seen as people have a tendency to make appointments to do things and then decide not to show up) but now I have no protein sources, I cannot store them, therefore I cannot prep my meals.

This means, quite possibly, that I will have to make several trips to the gro sto in order to purchase (and then immediately cook) my protein source.

This should be interesting.....especially since I have to work.

Now, a person's brain may say, "Why not just eat out?"

Eating out for breakfast, lunch, and dinner is not only the least healthy, it is also the least inexpensive.  I really dislike having to do it, but I might just have to.  We will see what happens.  Hopefully the refrigerator just gets fixed so I can go out and re-stock it. 
 

Meal 1:  Salmon (cooked in a pan on the stove), 2 poached eggs (in the salmon remnants), 3 fat tomato slices, and a papaya and blueberry "milk"shake/smoothie (bb's, papaya. coconut milk, blended).

Meal 2:  Granny Smith apple and 2 oz. raw almonds.

Meal 3:  Avocado

Meal 4: (I cooked pretty much all the food I had in the fridge, well all the meat at least, and shared it with my friends.  It was a smorgasbord and I had a little of this and a little of that)  Salmon with blueberry and blackberry compote; large shrimp cooked in coconut oil with steamed asparagus; beef cubes and onions with cauliflower and zucchini fried f'rice. 

Meal 5:  The leftover blueberry and blackberry compote blended with coconut milk.


WOD:
100 Dead Lift Sumos 18# Kettlebell
50 Hindu Push ups/Down Dog
50 Throw Down Ball Burpees
100 Kettlebell Swings 18#

***My hands have been numb for the past couple days (bi-lateral carpal tunnel and ulnar nerve damage) so it was difficult to do anymore weight, even though I am strong enough to lift it, my grip is not strong enough to hold on to it. 


Well, I am off to do some studying!  Hope everyone is having a good week so far!  Please keep your fingers crossed that my fridge gets fixed!

2 comments:

  1. A quick note: When I need a go-to, quick paleo meal out, I hit up Chipotle and get a salad. I get lettuce, fajita veggies, double carnitas (the only meat option without added sugar), tomato salsa, and add guac. Usually they only charge me the ~$2 extra for the guac, so it comes out to about $9 where I am -- not cheap, but not ridiculous. And has plenty of fat/protein.

    Hope your fridge gets fixed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I hope so too! There is a place here similar to Chipotle called California Burrito Co; I go there and get an almost identical quick paleo meal in a pinch for about the same price. I guess great minds think alike!

    The only thing that makes it inconvenient is it is across town by my office and I am at home....oh well. Lots of places nearby as well. I went out and grabbed something but when I got home I realized I had forgotten to order any protein! Fail, LOL.

    ReplyDelete