Sunday, September 26, 2010

Decompressing

So it has been a few days since I posted last.  Not much has gone on, to be honest.

Work this past week was stressful.  I was hitting a serious wall in terms of creativity, patience, and motivation.  I was also possibly suffering from a mild case of burn-out.  I hope it is better this week.

Training is going well.

This week I only did CF 4 days, but we are upping the ante in the gym so the WODs were more difficult that normal.  I am striving for a solid 5 days a week in the gym. This week I will try to build up to that. 

I still have not started CF Endurance, but I think I am going to slowly start incorporating that this week as well. 

The effects of the other night's post WOD hamstring work out consisting of 8 rounds, :20 work/ :10 rest are still lingering today and I am still really sore.  I need to stretch.

I am feeling lazy.

I hate that feeling.

I did watch 2 movies this week.  I went to see SALT the other night and Going the Distance last night.  I was disappointed by both of them.

Salt was just ridiculous, with its predictable story line with little depth and unrealistic aspects of human ability; there was a lot of fighting, car chases, and explosions though.  It is definitely a movie you want to watch when you don't really need to pay attention and you just want to see a lot of things blowing up and bloody A kicking. 2.5/5 stars

Going the Distance was ok.  I will give it 3/5 stars. 

While it wasn't horrible, it wasn't as great as the previews made it out to be.  Some of the acting was bad, the way it was shot was choppy, and it was a little over the top vulgar for no reason.  Sure, there were some funny parts; Christina Applegate and Jim Gaffigan were hilarious, and Charlie Day (as always) was a complete train wreck and I love it.  But really, Drew and Justin really didn't seem to steal  the show. 

IMO, Charlie Day did.

But really, that is about it.  As you can see, there was no real reason to post. 

It would have been something like this:

I woke up.

Yay.

Pretty exciting, I know.  Please, contain yourselves.

Well, the nutrition is on track and I have recently reintroduced a few items to see if I had any adverse reactions and so far so good. 

I am doing well with no nightshades, however I did eat a little tomato in some guacamole without even thinking about it until I was already done and at lunch the other day, but I highly doubt it was enough of a "dose" to throw my body into a hysterical bout of inflammation.  All in all it was probably the equivalent of maybe 2 slices of tomato.  Maybe.

I have been successful with falling in line with a skin care regimen, although the products I really want to use have not arrived yet.  I am proud of myself for sticking to something like that.  Normally I do it for a week or so and stop.  But this year, I have been better about that type of stuff.

I now floss 3 days a week. 

It was a New Year's Resolution of mine to start flossing and I have stuck with it!

Anyway, this is beginning to be a ramble-fest.  I hope everyone had a safe and fun weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment