Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Back from Crazytown

Well, here I am, finally posting again.  I know I said I was going to be a "busy bunny" this past weekend, but in actuality, I did NOTHING.  Nada.  Nil. 

I did do some household chores, went to the gro sto, did laundry, wrote my paper and finished my class discussion; I gave myself a facial and did my weekly beauty upkeep.

But as far as physical goes.....I was not.

Thursday was far too humid and I did not run.  Friday, nothing.  Saturday I was supposed to get up early for a long run by the water.  Nope; I slept in til 10.


Sunday is a rest day anyway and I took that one too.

It was brought to my attention that my training schedule was too ambitious and I have decided to dial it back down to the basics.  CrossFit 3-4 times a week (pretty much every other day) and running 3-5 miles a couple times a week.  That should be good for now.  I will see how it goes.

I went to CF yesterday and boy, was I sucking.  It was pretty bad.  I am over it now, but I was pretty bent out of shape about it.

My nutrition has still been good for the most part, although I think I am getting too much fat and fruit and not enough of a balance with protein and veggies.  I will work on getting that straightened back out. 

For the second part of my W90, I am going to eliminate nightshades for 30 days and see if that changes anything.  I am also planning on cutting back dramatically on fruit.  I think I may do one piece a day versus a few pieces a day.  The same goes for nuts.  I have been eating way too many nuts the past week or so. 

I have cut out coffee almost completely and am drinking tea instead.  I am actually enjoying a nice cup of green tea right now.  I stocked up on several types, some decaf.. I really like STASH teas.  Their black chai is so good!

I am still feeling really bloated today, which makes me sad.  A week ago I did not feel like this.  I think it is just the imbalance and I am sure that it will go away in a couple days. 

This weekend, I did make a new recipe that I will post.  It was a shrimp dish with coconut milk, pineapple, and raisins along with spices, onions, and green peppers all served over cauliflower couscous alongside a piece of boiled plantain.  SO GOOD!  And the best part?  It was totally my creation!

My Bible reading is going well.  I am so glad I am doing it. 

I got the chance to talk to my Sister over the weekend and we discussed forgiveness and its true meaning. 

We talked about how to truly forgive someone, you must atone them of their fault (whether you do this before or after they apologize...or if they never apologize) and then go on with that person as if it had not happened, just as Christ does for us when we sin and ask forgiveness.  I found that to be interesting.

Now, this does not mean to go actively seek out the person and try to have a relationship with them if they have not apologized and put yourself in harms way, but if they approach you and apologize, whether you have forgiven them in your heart  before that point or if you decide to forgive them then, then the right thing to do is just move forward and continue building (or re-building) that relationship.

I have a lot more to say, but I am going to have to put it in another post.  I still plan on writing the articles I wanted to write this past weekend, but I just needed some "me" time, so I took it.

Food Journal:

M1:
3 Poached Eggs
Lots of spinach cooked with coconut oil

M2:
1 Small Hawaiian papaya cut up and mixed with cooked ground beef (this sounds gross but was actually really good)

M3: 
Baby Carrots
Avocado

M4:
Cooked Hamburger Patty
Butternut Sqaush

M5:
Cooked Hamburger Patty
Cucumber and Black Olive Salad w/ EVOO and spices

M6:
Cooked Hamburger Patty
Shredded Red Cabbage and Broccoli Couscous cooked in Coconut Oil

I NEED SOME SALADS IN MY LIFE.  That will be my mission for this upcoming week....salads, salads, salads. 

No comments:

Post a Comment