Friday, September 17, 2010

Wrapping Up my Whole30

Day 30 is winding down and coming to a close.

I am so glad I did it and proud of myself for seeing it through.....finally!

I feel so good that my food-itude has changed.  I am no longer a prisoner, shackled and bound by the emotional eating that has claimed so much of my life.  SCORE!

I honestly do not crave anything, I don't want to go out and gorge myself or sneak a "naughty" treat.

I am happy to say, I am chill.  I am good.  I am free!  And best of all, I am gray!

I feel confident and relaxed at the same time.  I feel like equilibrium has been restored and I can just "be".  It is pretty cool, actually.   

It has been a pretty great day.  Not only is it FRIDAY, but I worked from home today and got to stay in my boxer sleep shorts and tank top all day long; I was able to listen to Alice Chill all day and I made decent headway in my workload and was happy with what I came up with production-wise.

I ate well all day and had an enormous salad.  I forgot how good salads are.  It seems like it has been forever since I had a homemade salad.  I am definitely going to start re-incorporating my old pal back into my daily eats.

It was made with baby spring mix, cucumber, tomato, white onion, green olives, and salmon.

Yum!

I usually forgo the salad dressing, and I did so today as well.  It has enough flavor on its own.  Normally, if I do top it off with something it is EVOO, sliced avocado, or a little blend of EVOO and balsamic vinegar. 

I did not get dressed until I ran to the Organic market next to the apartment to grab some tahini, Bob's Red Mill Steel Cut Oats (just in case I get a hankering for them at some point), and Muir Glen Fire Roasted Crushed Tomatoes for the dinner I made tonight, and some of Bob's Red Mill Coconut Flakes.

FINALLY...coconut flakes that are just coconut and not a lot of added preservatives and other nonsense. 

Then I came home to put my stuff away and threw on my CrossFit clothes.

Tonights WOD:

50 Jump Squats
20 Pull Ups
50 Box Jumps
30 Sit Ups
30 Lunges
50 KettleBell Swings (25#)
20 Bastard Burpees
1 minute of Battling Ropes

I attempted to time myself, but the stopwatch stopped at :12.

I wish.

I am figuring it took me somewhere between 18-20 minutes due to the time I arrived and left.

I felt a little stronger, faster, and more energetic today.

I think it was the salad.

I know that sounds silly, but I think it was.  My diet today wasn't so meat and protein heavy but was more veggie dense than it has been in the past couple weeks.  I think I was focusing too much on protein and not enough on more veggies.

Lesson learned.

Well, I am pretty gross right now as I cam home and had my post WOD sweet potato whilst cooking dinner and I have yet to wash the stink and dirt (thank you burpees!) from my bod.

That being said, I am posting my Food Journal and then signing off!

M1:  Banana, Strawberry, and Coconut Milk Smoothie; 2 hard boiled eggs; 1 TSP Lemon Fish Oil

M2:  Large Salad with Baby Spring Mix, onion, tomato, cucumber, green olives, and salmon I made yesterday.  (It made 2 large servings, so I ate one and put the other away for later).

M3:  Apple, leftover salad, 1 TBS Tahini

M4:  Sweet Potato

M5:  Garden Vegetable Tomato Sauce with Meatballs; 3 TBS Coconut Flakes

Hope everyone has a fun and safe Friday night!  Starting CF Endurance tomorrow!  Should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment