Friday, September 10, 2010

Here comes the WEEKEND!!!!!!

This morning I got up a little later than I wanted to because last night I went to bed later than I wanted to.  My body needs a full 8 hours.  Getting up at 715 today was difficult because I did not have that amount of time under my eyelids, so to speak.

So, because I was a sloth this morning I did not make it to CrossFit, nor did I have time to make my usual delicious breakfast. I had to settle instead for precooked chicken tenderloins, a handful of almonds, and a pear.  Good enough.

For lunch, my friends and I went back to the Greenhouse, the spot I flew solo to last weekend during my treasure hunt.  It was just as good today as it was then.

I decided to try something different so I went for a salad with lettuce, hearts of palm, onion, avocado, squid, shrimp, and fish, all topped off with a hefty pour of olive oil and a little balsamic vinegar. SO GOOD.  I also had a mango smoothie and about a half a cup of coffee.  

I should have taken a picture.  I need to start doing that...I ALWAYS have my camera on me in case inspiration strikes.

Anyway, lunch was delicious.

After we headed back to the office for a couple hours we ended up taking off for the day. 

I was in desperate need of a mani-pedi, so we stopped off at the Holistic Spa next to my apartment. 

I absolutely love it there!  The people are great and ridiculously meticulous, which when it comes to beauty, is never a bad thing.

My friend ended up getting one too and also decided to get her hair done with new color and highlights.We were there for like 4 hours; it was definitely longer than I anticipated and wasn't exactly prepared food-wise.

Luckily, there is a little organic spot next door so I made my way over there and got myself a mango smoothie to tide me over; unfortunately, they were all out of coconut milk.  This is me being disappointed...."I am disappointed." 

Now, I am at home writing this.

I have to say, the precooked chicken was my saving grace today.  It saved me at breakfast, my mid morning snack, and again at dinner.

I wanted to make shrimp curry tonight but my beautiful and delicious bottom feeders of the sea were in the freezer and I was hungry and didn't want to wait.  Actually, after describing them like that, I am kind of glad I didn't eat them.... 

So I made a piece meal...basically just ate pieces of random things.

So here is a run down...

Meal 1:  3 oz Perfectly Tender Chicken Tenderloins, 1 handful of raw almonds, and a pear  

Meal 2:  Salad with lettuce, hearts of palm, onion, avocado, and a mixture of octopus, fish, and shrimp with EVOO and Balsamic Vinegar; Mango smoothie (mango and ice blended); 1/2 cup black coffee

Meal 3:  2 oz Perfectly Tender Chicken Tenderloins, a handful of raw almonds, apple

Meal 4:   Mango Smoothie (mango and ice blended)

Meal 5:  3 oz Perfectly Tender Chicken Tenderloins, avocado, a handful of almonds, 1/2 of a cucumber with a little sea salt and cracked black pepper, boiled plantain.  (I told you it was random!)

I ate a lot of fruit today and probably a little too many nuts.  But it is ok.  I am not going to sweat it too much.

Tomorrow I am planning on getting up early and going for a nice long run.  Then I am talking to Sister (YAY!!!!), going to CrossFit, taking care of my schoolwork (I totally flaked on that responsibility and my schedule for it this week), and hopefully talking to Dad and Husband again.

I am also going to be writing a lot for the blog this weekend.  I have come up with some "articles" that I think would not only benefit others but make this little site of mine carry a little more weight.

I love talking nutrition and the gro sto is my most favorite store  in the whole wide world.  I especially love a good WHOLE FOODS type store....I could get lost in there for hours looking at everything and reading labels, comparing, etc.....it is a source of inspiration for me.

Strangely enough, I also make a lot of my cooking decisions while I am in the shower.  I have no idea why.

So anyway, I digress....

I am thinking about putting up an article about kitchen staples, a guide to smart gro sto shopping, some links about seasonal veggies and fruits, tips on how to get all the prescribed recommended amounts of fruits and veggies in your mouth on a daily basis, and whatever else comes to mind.  It will be fun.  And interesting to see what all I can come up with. 

SO, I will be a busy bunny this weekend, let's just say that.

I am also going to make some more snacks, prep food, and make up some new recipes.

I was finally able to upload some pictures to the recipes I have posted already, so if you haven't be sure to check them out.  I promise, simplicity is at the core of all my recipes.  I like to have it on the table in about 30 minutes...and that is when I make something more extravagant.  Most meals take about half that amount of time. 
        

No comments:

Post a Comment