Thursday, September 9, 2010

Catching up

My internet connection has been incredibly obstinate the past couple of days and has been outrageously slow and determined to keep my posting at bay.

Well not today internet!  I win!

So, just a quick recap of the past 2 days..... (Tues & Wed).....

I began a schedule this week in an attempt to balance work, school, exercise, and my social life (not necessarily in that order).  So far, with the exception of last night (I went to see a movie instead of studying) I am doing pretty well.

My schedule looks something like this:

M:   CF & School
Tu:  CF & Run
W:  CF & School
Th:  Run
Fr:  CF
Sa:  CF& Run (long run here.....5-8 miles....I will build up to 8, anyway)
Su:  REST and do whatever school work I need to complete, if any

The goal is to be done with my school work by the weekend, so that I am not focused on it and I can allow myself to do other fun things like get outside or hang out with friends.  The week needs to become more of a "zone" time for me......productivity needs to reign M-Th.

I consider Friday to be the start of the weekend, so, 4 days of busting my hump so that I can chill for 3 really doesn't seem like that big a deal.

I really should write down what I eat/my WOD so that in case I cannot blog that day, I can use it to reference.  Let's just say this....I went grocery shopping on Tuesday and stocked up.

I bought shrimp, beef (ground and cubed), chicken tenderloins, salmon, eggs, green peppers, eggplants, butternut squash, cauliflower, broccoli, red cabbage, pears, apples, peaches, tomatoes, cucumber, okra, carrots, plantains, onions, nuts, tomato sauce (I found a brand with only real and simple ingredients, no sugar!), coconut milk, green and black olives, and more cracked black pepper.



MY RAINBOW OF HEALTHY & CLEAN EATS!
MEAT!


VEGETABLES!
FRUIT!


PLANTAINS, ONIONS, GARLIC, AND PRE-PORTIONED ALMONDS!

Most of those nuts will not be consumed by me...I am making Husband more spiced nuts!


My beloved spices...I try to buy a new one with each trip to the gro sto...



I made up a new and delicious simple one pan recipe called Beef al Fresco.  I am a HUGE fan of the one pan meal.  It saves not only on time cooking, but cleaning later, and leaves a lot less mess in the kitchen.  All around, a WIN.

Let it suffice to say, my nutrition is back on track and I am eating the rainbow!

My WODs have not been stellar this week, but they haven't been in the toilet completely.  I attribute some of the lack of energy out to the lack of energy in over the past week and the rest to an early onset of  the 'mones. 

I did stick to my schedule and go for a run post WOD on Tuesday, albeit short.  But, at least I did it.  Score.

I am just past 3 weeks on my W30 (it is actually extended to a full 3 months....so W90) and I am feeling really good.  I am leaning out and looking (and feeling) a lot healthier both physically and mentally.

I am beginning to see my muscle definition returning and my clothes are fitting me much better.  The pair of jeans I purchased a month ago are actually fitting me and not squeezing me to death (I am actually donning them as I type).   

I am still waiting for the "kick" in the gym, where I set my PRs and see strength and speed gains.  Also, I am still having issues with my hands and arms (bio-lateral carpal tunnel and ulnar nerve damage) going numb and being weak coupled with really poor grip strength.  I am thinking about giving up nightshades for my second leg of the 90 days to see if that helps at all since they are attributed to inflammation. 

Also, I am taking on a challenge to do something I have started to do in the past a couple times but have always stopped doing.  I want to read the Bible.

Now, as a Christian woman, it is my duty to God to study His teachings.  I started a "read the Bible in a year" schedule that is definitely do-able.  Now, I just have to make it a daily priority to spend the 15 or so minutes in the Word.

I am by no means a "holy-roller super religious Bile beater" (or whatever label you want to insert here).......I am interested in deepening my Relationship with my Savior and building an understanding of Him.  Religion is dumb.  I am interested in the connection.

The verse I read the other day was from Matthew and it was talking about uncleanliness and how what comes out of a persons mouth makes them unclean.  It was a powerful message and I am trying to bear that in mind.  It also talked about worshiping the Lord in vain.  That is something I DEFINITELY want to avoid.  In order to do that, I feel that I need to spend time in the Word so that I gain a better understanding of its teachings.

With that being said, all things considered, I am truly blessed.  He has given me a great life along with some interesting challenges.  But no matter what, I know He is here, right beside me, for me to lean on for support and guidance; I just have to ask for it and be willing to accept it, even if I don't understand it.

I am going through some changes in my life right now that I am ready for.  I am ready to be an adult.   I am ready to become my best.  I am ready to be who God intended me to be.

While I will hopefully never lose the fun side of who I am and who God made me, I am realizing that I am changing.  I think it is both a good and a scary thing.  Generally speaking, it separates me from some people and sometimes it leaves me standing alone while it also and brings me together with others; it is giving me a new perspective and forcing me to see things in a different light and oddly enough, become somewhat like what I said I would never become...the change has been happening slowly over time and is really coming to a head now, as I realize what I want from my life is so much more than I used to want.  I am not scared to go after it anymore. 

I thank God for the change and pray for courage and guidance.  I also pray for humility in my new attitude so that I do not become judgmental.

2 comments:

  1. I really like your blog! My faith is also really important to me, and I also started a read-the-Bible-in-a-year thing last year but I gave up/got busy. Keep at it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Meghan! Thanks for stopping by to check out the blog! I hope you do so often. I have started several times before as well and life can get hectic, but I am trying to make more of an effort to make it a priority this time around. Luckily, if I miss a day or 2, the reading list isn't so crazy long that I can't "catch up", which is always nice! I hope you have a great week! God bless!

    ReplyDelete