Friday, August 27, 2010

Turning off the B**** switch

OK, I admit it, I can be somewhat of a B-word.  Sometimes I wear my heart on my sleeve and let what it going on in my life leak out and affect how I treat other people.

Is it healthy for me (or enjoyable for anyone else)?  No.

Luckily, I have REAL friends who call me out when I need to be called out, and for that I am grateful.

This morning, I was particularly miffed (I don't even know why, I think I just sort of fell into a rut this past week) and one of my friends was like, "Don't take this the wrong way, but you need to lose the attitude.  I love you to death, but sometimes, I am like, Kara, come on!"

Point taken.  I did not get upset.  That is one thing I will say about myself; if I know I am in the wrong, I will be the first to apologize and if I don't see it and someone calls me out on it, I tend to stay objective.

I sat there for a minute and realized she was right.  I apologized to her and told her that I wasn't even sure why I was moody.  She was understanding that we all have things that we deal with, and she wasn't ridiculing me, which was nice.  Strangely enough, the weird mood lifted almost immediately and I have been better ever since.  So today, my hat goes off to her.  Thank you for bringing me back to Earth.

I am finally feeling normal today as far as my stomach goes.  Maybe I have been eating too many spicy and acidic foods lately.  They normally don't bother me, but maybe it was something in particular or just too much of it.  Regardless, I have backed away from things like that today and I am feeling much better.

I haven't really been on any eating "schedule" today; I have just been eating when I feel hungry, so, the combination of foods aren't really "meals" but more "foods I ate in a given period of time" (FIAGPT).

FIAGPT 1:  I ate some of the leftover ground beef and cabbage saute I made last night.  Pretty good again today.

FIAGPT 2: Whole Fruit (strawberries, pineapple, and banana) smoothie with water and no sugar

FIAGPT 3: 1 TBSP Macadamia Nut Butter (while I was waiting for my food to reheat in the microwave); the rest of the leftover beef ad cabbage saute.

FIAGPT 4:  A couple bites of tuna in a pouch (it was so dry I was gagging on it, so it went in the trash) and a small can of whole pitted black olives.

FIAGPT 5:  Some, probably about 1/4 cup of coconut milk (yes, in a glass...like real milk) and 1 TBSP of Macadamia Butter

Maybe I should have a salad for dinner.....

I am skipping CF today as we unloaded several heavy boxes weighing 50+  pounds each and hauled them up 21 steps and across a bigger office to our smaller one in the back for about an hour straight.

Oh yeah, one more thing.....I bought a super cute new bikini today which I am really excited to wear on Sunday.  I am being introduced to some new friends and we are going to spend Sunday afternoon lounging by the pool, getting to know each other.  I have a feeling it will be a lot of fun!  Anyway, I will post some pictures soon.  Hope everyone has a fun (and safe) Friday night!  I can't believe the weekend is here already!  Wow!  

No comments:

Post a Comment