Sunday, August 29, 2010

Fun Day SUNday

So, some plans got changed for me to hang out with my new friend.  But we did get to talk on the phone this morning and it was like I had known her for years.  I have a feeling we are going to be good friends.  We rescheduled for dinner next week.

The plan was to lounge poolside and bronze our little hearts out (using SPF, of course).  The weather was crappy earlier so we called it off but the clouds burned off and it is another fantastical sunny day here.  The breeze feels amazing and the sky is bright blue.  A perfect day for getting some sun and taking a dip.  So, I did it at my place instead.

I am trying to re-introduce my pale, pale skin to the big ball in the sky little by little, so I was only out there for an hour and then I came back in.  I have already gotten a considerable amount of color in the past 2 weekends, but I don't want to go overboard.  At least I can still be inside with all the windows open and still enjoy the view.

Today is my rest day.  I like to take Sundays to get myself ready for the upcoming week.  I usually clean, do laundry, and try to get to the gro sto to stock up on clean eats for the next few days.  I tried to do it for a week at a time, but it is so humid here that fruit and veggies don't really have much of a shelf life, so I tend to go every few days.

I am feeling lazy today.  I am debating whether or not I should just skip all that stuff and lounge around the apartment, peruse the internet, and get nothing accomplished outside of going to the pool.  But, again, I have to ask myself, "Is that healthy for me?"  No, it certainly is not.

So, it looks like I need to get going.  But before I do, I would just like to mention a few more things.

First, I am grateful that God answers prayers.  Second, I am grateful that I got the chance to spend some time talking to my Husband today.  Third, I am grateful that I am provided all I need in order to have a comfortable life.  Lastly, I am grateful that I am here on this earth and doing things that make me happy.

Food Journal:

Meal 1:   3 Poached eggs atop a bed of fresh spinach leaves

Meal 2:  Leftover Italian sautee (ground beef, eggplant, spinach, garlic, tomatoes, onion, basil, rosemary, parsley).

Meal 3: Papaya "milk"shake (frozen papaya chunks and coconut milk with about 2 oz water blended in a blender).

Meal 4:  A handful of organic globe grapes (totally disappointed when I realize they were not seedless) and about an ounce of raw almonds

Meal 5:  Ground beef sauteed a sprinkle of ground cloves and cooked with EVOO, sea salt, fresh ground black pepper, onion, tomato, and fresh green beans; sliced boiled plantain. 

Today, I can say that my nutrition has been better than in the past week or so.  I definitely got my protein and my veggies in.  Trying to eat less sugary fruits in less abundance, so we will see how that works out.

Today at the gro sto I picked up 1 pound of huge shrimp, salmon, smoked salmon, prime beef cubes, ground turkey, sirloin burgers, steak skewers with green pepper and onion, one steak, eggplant, zucchini, onion, plantains, avocado, a watermelon, green apples, tomatoes, garlic, asparagus, cucumbers, carrots, celery,  organic frozen blueberries and blackberries, and a huge bag of raw almonds (I portioned them out into 2oz servings), a dozen Omega 3 eggs, 3 cans of coconut milk, and a can of tomato sauce (plain). 

I still have cauliflower, broccoli, and a huge batch of baked pumpkin in the fridge along with more eggs.  I should be totally set up for this week.  And that, feels GREAT!

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment