Saturday, August 28, 2010

Ahhhh, Saturday.....

This morning I only hit snooze once on my alarm and was up by 635am.  I was out of the house by 650am.  I only ran about 3 miles but at my half way point I did 20 burpees and 20 sit ups; people were looking at me like I was insane (CrossFit is not too common here...yet).

Then for the last leg, I did interval sprints.  Basically I just picked a point to start and before I began I found an end point.  The I ran to it (or walked to it during my "rest")...I continued this for about 3/4 of a mile.  Then I jogged the rest of the way back to my apartment.

I wore regular running shoes (instead of my 5 finger Sprints) today becuase I wasn't sure how far I was going to go as I am still trying the break them in; once I started going though, I realized how dehydrated I felt and wished I would have worn them because I knew I wasn't going far.

It was perfect weather for running this morning too; overcast, breezy, and cool.  The water was calm and serene.  It was definitely a relaxing view and I was able to clear my head and just concentrate on the way my body was moving and how I felt.  All in all, dehydration aside, it was a very satisfying little workout.  I am completely gross, sweaty, and dirty from throwing myself on the ground repeatedly which counts as a WIN in my book. 

I am excited for today!  I am getting my hair trimmed and having a mini day of beauty.  It is SO needed right now and it is a nice little reward I am giving myself for being so good to my body.  I noticed this morning that I am beginning to look nice and trim again; my bloaty-ness has completely vanished and I am even noticing my arms are looking quite nice (although they are usually the first things to shape up on me).


To be continued......

So I just returned home from the Holistic Spa near my apartment.  I really like it there; it is very clean, minimal, and white.  First order of business....waxing.

Now, I have never done a full body wax, but I believe it is every woman's right to try it at least once.  I hate shaving.  It is a necessary evil, but I still hate it.

If you haven't taken the opportunity to do it for yourself, I recommend it.  It is a little painful (although not nearly what I had anticipated or convinced myself that it would be) but definitely worth it!  Just be prepared to get cozy with your wax technician (I totally just made up that title).  The tech I had was extremely professional and made me feel really comfortable.  Definitely important.

I then proceeded to get a quick trim and blow out from my Uruguayan stylist.  He has a lot of flair.  As he was scissor razoring my hair, he was very intense and looked like a mad scientist, bits of hair flying everywhere.  At  last he says, "That is enough!"; he put his hands up and almost theatrically took off his "tool" (scissor) belt.  The finished product...I am in LOVE with it.  Beautiful, sleek, layery......it really is lovely.

The sun is beginning to burn through the clouds and I am debating on whether I should go lay by the pool for a while.........I think I just might.

Later......

I did go down to the pool for just over an hour.  I don't want to bake as my skin is still showing my winter paleness much love.  It continued to be a gorgeous day throughout the afternoon and now into the evening.

I got my school work done for the week (I am still in college) and in an attempt to get next week's reading out of the way, I sat down on the couch with my lovely view of the water and city and dozed off.  Now I am really tired. 

Before I say good night, let me re-cap on today's foodie:

Meal 1: Left over beef curry and fried f'rice  
(I ate this after my workout)

Meal 2: More leftovers of the same thing

Meal 3: Italian Saute with ground beef, garlic, onion, (cooked in coconut oil), a bunch of fresh chopped parsley, dried basil, dried rosemary, eggplant rounds, and spinach.  (I had a pretty healthy serving).

Meal 4:  More Italian Saute

I ate when I was hungry and that was it.  So, off to bed now.......see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment