Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Off to a good start!

Well, this morning I woke up super early (430 am) to take my friend to the airport.  Right after we dropped her off, me and my other friend headed over to CF for our WOD.  Today was MUCH better, a hundred times better than yesterday.

It was 5 rounds for time:
10 thrusters (with a 45 pound bar)
15 burpees
20 pull ups
125 jump rope
my time...23:09!

I was the first finisher out  of about 15 people!  I was pretty proud of myself!  (Insert BIG pat on back here).  I almost blew it off this morning and postponed til later today as I was really nauseous this morning on the way back from the airport, but I think it was becuase I drank some pretty strong tea on an empty stomach.  Once I got to the gym and was up and moving around, my puke-y feeling subsided and I was SO  glad that I went.

Post workout meal: about 4 oz of baked chicken tenderloins and a sweet potato.

Oh, and one thing I forgot to mention last night but would like to now is that I am in a friendly competition with a girlfriend of mine that will conclude on September 17, 2010.  The deal....work out and eat, take pictures at the end, compare who has changed the most.  The catch?  She is eating whatever she wants and is concentrating on running and swimming whereas, I am following a Paleo inspired eating plan (Whole30) and coupling CF with whatever else I choose to do (running, swimming, pilates, dancing.....).  It will be interesting to see the outcome.  I will keep you posted!

Just to finish this post off, I would like to make a "food journal" entry.....

Post WOD:  4 oz seasoned & baked chicken tenderloins and sweet potato

Meal 2:  Grilled salmon and a large simple salad (romaine, carrots, red onion, tomato, cucumber) with Olive Oil, water, and black coffee

Meal 3:  Avocado and an orange with 1 oz baked and seasoned chicken tenderloin

Meal 4:  1 TBSP Macadamia Butter, 1 boiled plantain with cinnamon, and 2 oz baked and seasoned chicken tenderloin

Meal 5:  Another avocado


Normally I eat 6 meals each day, but looking at this, I know I didn't eat enough and I need more veggies in my life; also it is 840 pm and I am exhausted!  To be honest, my stomach has continued to be flip-floppy all day and I haven't been very hungry, so maybe that is why my food intake has been a little less than perfect today... 

On a positive note, I finished my reading for school and am so happy that I did.  I almost stopped and put it off until tomorrow but stopped and asked myself, "Would that be the healthiest choice for me?" The answer:  NO; all it would do is cause me more stress later for procrastinating today.  So, I dug in my heels and read my little heart out.  All 37 pages.  I feel relieved for doing so and proud of my healthy choice. 

It is going to be an early night for me, so until tomorrow.........ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment