Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Great Caffiene Debate

So today, I am still feeling a little off.  My stomach  is still not right and anytime I eat anything, I just feel worse.  I went to sleep pretty early last night (around 845 pm) and slept til 715 this morning.  My alarm went off at 5am for CrossFit which I skipped and am planning on going this evening when I leave work.

My appetite is still all over the place...

Meal 1:  Avocado, 3 eggs, and an orange

Meal 2:  Sunflower seeds

Meal 3:  Taco Salad (I did not eat the tortilla shell) with chicken, shrimp, lettuce, tomato, and hot fresh salsa.  It was pretty good while I was eating it and now I feel like my insides are expanding and filled with bubbles, even throughout my chest.  It feels....not good.  I am starting to wonder if I should just stop eating for a day or two and let my body work this issue out.

Meal 4 (Post WOD): Ground beef seasoned with basil, rosemary and fresh garlic sauteed with cabbage and onion in coconut oil; boiled plantain with cinnamon.

So, I know the name of this post refers to caffeine and I got a little sidetracked with my exploding insides.....

Sorry.

Caffeine......legal crack.  I love it.  I love coffee.  I love tea.  I LOVE IT.

Since I don't do dairy anymore, I have learned to love my coffee black and without any sugar.  That is a true coffee lover right there.  BUT.......I seem to notice a difference when I stop drinking it.  It is subtle at first and I go through withdraws much like I would imagine any addict would experience (although, obviously not as severe) like headaches, crankiness, cravings for MORE COFFEE......

But, since I am cleaning my diet back up and eating only meat, fish, vegetables, nuts and seeds and good fats, and some fruit, I have to ask myself, "What is 30 days without caffeine?  Is it really THAT hard?" So, I intend to find out.  The last time I had a steaming cup of joe was on Sunday; I did have super strong DEFINITELY caffeinated tea on Monday morning as well.

So, that makes it 3 days without coffee or tea (I don't drink soda) which puts being caffeine free for 30 days at September 22, 4 days past the end of my friendly competition.

WHICH BY THE WAY.....

I am glad to announce that I am rocking a pair of jeans I purchased recently from www.myshape.com (you should SO check out this site...it is amazing!  If you do and decide to join - membership is free - put me down as who referred you please!) that are a Calvin Klein size 2.  Now, when I first got these about a week and a half ago, I could not get them up over my hips.  TODAY however, is a different story.

Are they still a little too tight?  Maybe.  Are they cutting of my circulation?  Not really.  Are the zipped and buttoned?  Most definitely!

It will probably be another couple of weeks until they fit really comfortably, but they still look cute.  Sometimes, I like to torment myself when I am feeling gross and I will wear something I feel uncomfortable in.  It is a way to motivate myself.  Is it a little mean?  Maybe.  But, it works.

I used to be a slave to the scale, weighing in every single day and freaking out about gaining 7 ounces; any gain and I was a fat loser.  The same went for loss; I could lose 3 pounds or 3 ounces and I would feel like I was on top of the world.  It was so dumb, really dumb.  Now, I do not own a scale.

If I had to guess my weight right now I would say somewhere around 135 or so.  I pay more attention to how my body feels and how my clothes fit.  So, that is why I put on clothes that feel uncomfortable in order to get my butt in gear when I am falling off track.  I do not however, abuse myself with that method like I used to with the scale (when I said that I do it to torment myself, I was kidding).

Numbers are arbitrary.  I would rather be healthy and strong than bony and skinny just so I can wear a size whatever.  It is nice however, to be strong and fit and be able to wear little sizes....it is not really a goal, it is just a fringe benefit.

So here are the numbers from tonight's WOD .........

4 rounds of:
2 Rope Climbs (I DID IT!)  Well, I climbed up 4 times and did a modified climb the other times.
12 Hang Cleans 45#
15 Sumos 35# Kettlebell
21 Push-Press 40#

While my weight leaves something to be desired, I am pretty happy.  I got my first WOD wound!  My food and ankle are all rope burned!  YAY!  It makes me feel like I did something. 

ALSO....
My stomach and throat still feel gross....is it heartburn?  I have no idea.  But I know one thing:
I DON'T LIKE IT! 

Looking back over what I ate the past couple days I realized I have been eating a lot of acidic foods...maybe that is the culprit. Anyway, I am off to shower then I have got to get my homework done for the week.    GOOD NIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment