Saturday, April 7, 2012

In the Bag!

This week I started a 12 week program designed by the gorgeous and ripped Jamie Eason.

I have been a member of bodybuilding.com (see my Body Space here) since late February 2007, when I was just getting into my fitness seriously.

At that time, I was working with a trainer and he whipped me into shape in about 4 months. It was like day and night. I wish I still had those photos.....

Anyway, I was leaving FL to move to Hawaii and my sister actually introduced me to the www.bodybuilding.com website. I was instantly addicted. It like FB for fitness. I have used this site as a tool and resource since then and I have met and kept in touch with quite a few amazing people over the years via the site. It is definitely a dynamic community with loads of information, articles, a store, and now, the LiveFit Trainer .

The trainer is completely FREE. It lays out a nutrition plan AND workouts.

This is JAMIE EASON, people! FOR FREE!

Ok, before I make it sound like a gimmick, let me give you the deets.

It is a 3 phase program. Each phase is 4 weeks long. Each day of each phase is accessible through the site where it will give workout and nutrition info for ladies and guys; guys' portions are obviously larger and the quantities are plainly laid out in the plan.

The great thing is...no matter your fitness level, this program will benefit you. The transformations are INCREDIBLE.

And there are no "magic pills" or "fat burners" used; just balanced clean food and exercise.

Today, I am going to post some pics....I have some from last year when I competed and I am going to show everyone what is going on with me now.

I took the "NOW" pics earlier this week, at the start of my 12 weeks.

Today was the final workout of the week. The schedule was 4 days on, 3 days off. My workouts seriously took between 30-45 minutes.

Right now (Phase 1) I am not doing any cardio, as prescribed by the plan. This works out great for me because I am still recovering from foot surgery; I am ok to lift but still not feeling like I could hop on an elliptical or treadmill. In a month or so (when this phase is over), probably more likely.

Also, I am pretty sore, but not so much that it is painful. It is a soreness that makes me realize that I did something, so that makes me feel accomplished.

So, for the next couple weeks, I will be on a 4/3 schedule. Week 3 moves to 5 on, 2 off.

I am interested to see how I improve.

I am no novice when it comes to getting in great shape but I always struggle once I am there. 


Then, I always end back at where I am right now.


Like I said in my last post, I am learning to be gentle with myself and I also want to find that balance where I can enjoy life and make healthy choices for myself overall.


I am hoping that, through this program and its lessons on daily balance that I can achieve the relief I am seeking.


Here are those pics I promised. All pics are unedited.
18 days before my show.

About a week out.

My good friend Cat who flew to KC with me and my Husband; she treated me like a rockstar!

Rooftop photoshoot.

Gym Photoshoot.


Me and another bestie, Liz, who was in the same category with me.

This was my theme wear. I was a chef!

Mirror shot in the bathroom.

Me and one of my besties, Katie Jo.


Wednesday April 4, 2012. This is hard to look at in comparison, but it is what it is.





1 comment:

  1. Seriously, I will never be that muscular or toned. You still look amazing and no matter what you do, you will ALWAYS look amazing. I am proud of you though for seeing something in your life you want to change and going for it.

    Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete