Sunday, April 15, 2012

FunDay Sunday

So, here we are, at the end of another week. I hope everyone had a great weekend so far and that positivity is pulsing in preparation for the upcoming week.

Tomorrow is my first day back to work in 30 days.

Thirty. Days.

That is a long time.

I am staying focused on my priorities and have pretty much stuck to my daily goals and intend to continue to do so as I get back into my real life routine. I have missed a thing here or there, but overall, I would give myself a 95% rating for staying on top of things.

Today, I am prepping my food. I made my menu and went shopping on Friday because I had all day plans on Saturday.

My friend's daughter's birthday was yesterday and it ended up being a perfect Saturday.

We began with a trip to the coffee shop (a must!) and headed out to a nearby farm to pick strawberries.

I have never picked strawberries before but it was really fun and I am so glad I did it. I brought my dog along too.

After the strawberry picking, we grabbed lunch in another nearby town and then headed to a park. The scenery was very pretty and my friend (who is an AMAZING photographer) got some really beautiful shots. My dog even decided to run and jump in the lake for a swim in the lake! 

After the park we headed to an abandoned farm I spotted earlier this week driving back from lunch with another friend of mine.

It was really fun to shoot there.

Around 7pm, we started to head back to town and decided to stop for gelato before heading back to my house for a light dinner and a movie for the birthday girl.

It. Was. So. Relaxing.

Although is was busy and a full day, we had no real agenda other than we wanted to pick strawberries, go to the park, and go to the barn.

There was no rushing. We were able to enjoy every single second of the beautiful day.

All in all, everyone had a good time and needless to say, we were all worn out by the end of it. My dog has barely gotten up from his spot all day.

So, I digress....as I was saying, today I am prepping my food for the week. I just pulled my frittata (egg whites, onion, sweet potato, red pepper, broccoli) out of the oven and am about to make my protein bars (modified from Jamie Eason's recipe); to mine I added coffee grounds and omitted the carrots. This is the third batch I made so far and I am just messing around with some of the ingredients. I am about to pop those and my lamb meat balls in to cook.

My menu for the week includes 5 meals each day; there is an optional 6th meal (eggwhites and spinach) if I am hungry before bed. I also drink 1 protein shake blended with a frozen banana post workout on days I train.

Here us my menu:

SUN:
Egg whites and arugula, oatmeal with a splash of almond milk and flax.
Think Thin bar (this was just in my purse and was convenient; I don't normally rely on protein bars that I don't make myself)
Lamb meatballs with a dallop of Greek yogurt, cauliflower cous cous, and a salad of tomatoes and cucumber
Homemade protein bars
Coconut curry tofu and veggies with cauliflower cous cous

MON:
Frittata
Homemade Protein Bars
Coconut curry tofu and veggies with cauliflower cous cous
Celery with raw almond butter, hard boiled egg
Lemon chicken with green beans and sweet potato

TUES:
Frittata
Greek yogurt and blueberries
Lamb meatballs with a dallop of Greek yogurt, cauliflower cous cous, and a salad of tomatoes and cucumber
Chicken muffins and carrots
Italian Chicken with spinach, mushrooms, onion, tomato sauce, quinoa pasta, and a salad

WED:
Frittata
Homemade Protein Bars
Italian Chicken with spinach, mushrooms, onion, tomato sauce, quinoa pasta, and a salad
Celery and raw almond butter
Spicy shrimp with cauliflower cous cous and green beans

THURS:
Frittata
Greek yogurt and blueberries
Spicy shrimp with cauliflower cous cous and green beans; salad
Chicken muffins and carrots
Fish, broccoli, and sweet potato

FRI:
Frittata
Homemade Protein Bars
Chicken stuffed poblano peppers with spicy cauliflower cous cous
Celery and raw almond butter
London Broil, broccoli, and sweet potato

SAT:
Frittata
Chicken muffins and carrots
London Broil, broccoli, sweet potato, and salad
Homemade Protein Bars
(This is my shopping day so I will plan my dinner accordingly)

Pretty simple stuff.

The only things I am making ahead are the bars, meatballs, and frittata.

Everything else will be the day of and then packaged for left overs.

I first took inventory of all that I had in the house and tried to make a menu based on those items, my goal being to buy as little as possible to supplement. It worked out pretty well; I only spent $72.00.

This week I begin week 3 of Jamie Eason's LiveFit trainer. So far, I can't see much progress besides an increase in strength and I feel like I have more energy.

I weighed myself this morning but have decided that it is just not worth doing it every few days or even once a week.

Logically, I know that the scale doesn't matter and if I am working to build muscle that I may gain a little. I think instead of weighing in, I will take my measurements every week for the next 10 weeks.

However, I do think I will weigh in at the end of each phase.

Like I said before, I am doing this more to strike a healthy balance in my life. The weight will come off with continued smart choices and good care taking. This is not my first rodeo but it is the first one I am doing where I am looking to go 8 seconds. I am in this for the long haul.

I know this post was sort of all over the place but sometimes my brain just works that way. It feels so good to be posting again.

1 comment:

  1. Where do you get your recipes from usually?

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete