Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The First Day Back

OK.

So, yesterday was my first day back.  I was actually mindful of my nutrition.  I was able to eat healthy portions that were right for my body size and I felt satisfied for several hours afterward.  It felt good to eat clean and healthy food again.

Then, I went to the gym.

Wow.

I am out of shape, my friends.  I felt sluggish and slow and flabby and weak. 

I know within a couple weeks I will be feeling more energetic, faster, leaner, and stronger.

But this first day back was tough. 

This was my WOD:

400m Run, 21 Thrusters (55#), 21 KB Swings (25#), 21 Knees to Elbows (Modified with rings); 800m run, 15 Thrusters, 15 KB Swings, 15 Knees to Elbows; 400m Run, 9 Thrusters, 9 KB Swings, 9 Knees to Elbows.

My time was 23:30.

I  have GOT to get back to running...my cardio endurance is in the toilet. 

I have decided to be gentle with myself and listen to my body.  I do not want to do too much too soon but at the same time, I don't want to confuse my mind saying "I don't wanna!" with my body's urge to take it easy or rest. 

I am going to CF again today and taking a rest tomorrow.

On the rest day from CF, I will most likely go for a little run and then do some ab work or something afterward. 

I am already a little sore from last night, which is odd because it normally takes me a good 2 days to really feel the effects, but then again, I haven't really worked out in a while.

I took the advice that Melissa gave herself over at The Clothes Make the Girl

During the month of October, after a 3 week vaca in Prague, she was attacking CF and working out like it was her first time.  She wasn't comparing times, weight, PR's.....none of that.  It was a clean start, a fresh slate. 

I am adopting that same attitude.  I am just going to go in there, be as focused as I can be and do my best.

I will repeat...

I know within a couple weeks I will be feeling more energetic, faster, leaner, and stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment