Monday, January 3, 2011

My JOURNEY to the Stage Week 1

So.  Here we are.  Hello 2011. I am getting ready to take you down!

As you may know, I have decided to compete in my first competition as a physique athlete on May 21, 2011.  I have chosen the WBFF show in Kansas City, MO and am entering myself into the Diva Fitness Model Division.

Competing has been a goal of mine for the past 3 years.  I have trained twice before only to be interrupted by a conflicting work schedule.  This time, I am determined to get out on that stage and show off all my hard work, no matter what I have to do to work around work.  I am doing this.

Today was the official start of my training.

Last night I prepped and cooked and packaged meals for the next few days (I will post my recipe for my protein pancakes...they are so good!) so I am all ready to go; clean food is at an arms reach when hunger calls every 2-3 hours.

I woke up this morning feeling like I am getting sick with a head cold.  Right now, I still feel the same way. 

However, I am going to try to work through it unless I start becoming congested; I definitely do not want to spread my sick germs all over the gym and kill people's newfound/renewed motivation to get in shape.

If anything, I can work out at home for a few days or if it gets bad enough, rest; as long as I keep my diet squeaky clean, I will be ok.

Today though, I had a great workout.  I pushed myself and definitely exhausted my muscles.  It.  Felt.  Great.

This evening I took my measurements for my suit.  I am a little bigger now than I was in the spring, but nothing too crazy.  About 1 inch in my waist, hips, and butt.

I also weigh 140, about 10 pounds heavier than when I got married in March.  I cannot blame this on the first year and getting comfortable with each other.

First, we are plenty comfy with one another already.

Second, we have only spent 3 months of our 9 month marriage in the same place.

The culprit is stuffing my grocery hole with foods that I should enjoy only in moderation....not whenever I feel like indulging, which is the course I have been taking for the past couple months.

In order to help kickstart my recovery I have designated January as a sugar and alcohol free month.  I have been imbibing and sweet-toothing it more than I should have.  Moving on. 

I am not going to stress over it or dwell on it.  I did it.  I am a little bigger.  Get over it.  Get on the horse and keep your eye on the prize (this is what I tell myself).

Are you impressed at all the cliché implementation?

I had a question about the size suit I should order since I will definitely be smaller in May (and way more defined!) so I am waiting to hear back from the designer.  I am hoping to get it ordered this week. 

In sum, today was a good day.

I ate clean.  I got a solid workout in that left me breathing heavy and sweaty (on a chest day!), and I got some errands and tasks taken care of that have been looming over my head for a while.

For now, I am off to bed.  Back to work tomorrow.  This will be the first day to test working out during my lunch break, which is my plan for the next several months.

Also, I will most likely post once a week, probably on Thursday because that is when I do my check in with my coaches at Cathy Savage Fitness. At that time, I will post some pics too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment